Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Telling the in-laws!

Today we started our trip to Pat's home (and mine for 4 years) to visit friends and family.  It worked out nicely timing wise since it fell just after Mother's Day.  We were originally going to get his mom this great Olive Oil and Vinegar from the Temecula Olive Oil Company, but of course we had an extra surprise awaiting her this time!

We still bought her the oil and vinegar, this time trying a new late harvest oil.  It is delicious!  Roasted Garlic Olive Oil and they suggest combining it with either regular balsamic or with their special Blanco Balsamic with honey.  Soo good! Can't wait to try it!

After she opened her regular present, it was time for the surprise.  I told her she had one more, "a last minute addition."  =)
Thank goodness she took a pic of it, I forgot!

She opened it, and of course I had to add a few extra layers of tissue paper.  Finally, she saw her gift.  She froze for a second and then looked at us and just started screaming...and I mean really screaming!  I gave here a hug for a while, and she was still screaming...right in my ear =)  I let go, and she was still screaming.  At this point I knew Pat's dad had to be a bit confused, he still couldn't see the gift.  Finally Pat told him and he had a big smile, and Linda was still screaming.  It was such a great reaction, completely opposite of my mom's, but still just as fun!  The great part was that in both cases our mom's had a great reaction while our dad's sat confused and waited to know what was going on.  Love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment