Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Grandparent's roses...

I am very lucky to live in the house that I do.  My grandparents lived here before me and they love roses.  This means that I have 6 good rose bushes to enjoy, including one which we used for petals in my wedding.  I decided to take some photos for you all to enjoy; plus I figured it is an easier way to share them with my G-ma who lives about 3 hours away now. 

 A new bud ready to open...



 The one we call Grandpa's rose...





A different angle...

 And finally, my favorite bush (and the largest!)  This one has grown quite a bit since my grandparents planted it over 10 years ago.  This tiny rose happens to be my G-ma's wedding flower.  I love that I now get to enjoy that part of their wedding everyday.





 The bush has even managed to grow down behind our fence and reach the wild-life preserve behind us!
 Now I just need to figure something out for ground cover in the planter...
It smells wonderful in my backyard right now!  Happy Spring =)

1 comment:

  1. Love all these photos of the roses! So pretty! How wonderful that you get to enjoy them on a daily basis!

    Your comment on my blog had me cracking up, haha!!

    ReplyDelete