Monday, August 20, 2012

More pics, plus some firsts

For the last few weeks, I have enjoyed coming home to a big smile from my baby as soon as she sees me.  Today, not only did I get that smile, but it was from our big girl sitting on her own next to her dad on the couch.  She heard the door open and immediately had a big smile on her face as she saw me come in the house.  You could tell she was really excited to see me, which is such a wonderful thing to come home to. 

We have had a few "firsts" during this last month, and she has handled them like a trooper.  Back on August 2nd, her first tooth finally popped through.  She has been sucking on her lower lip a lot of the time ever since.  

Another first for her has been her first cold.  She started with a rough cough, but it was only when she cried really hard or laughed really hard.  We were able to take her to the doctor, just in case, and we were told that she was just going to have to ride it out.  She was obviously not her usual cheery self; she was fussy and wanted to be held constantly (we didn't mind that part one bit!)  Luckily, we only had one tough night where she kept waking up.  I ended up sleeping with her in her room so that Pat could get some sleep.  By the time I returned home from work the next day, she was feeling much better and pretty much back to normal.  We were very lucky with her first cold since the doctor said it could take up to 2 weeks for her to be fully recovered.

Now on to some pictures.  I keep trying to share just a few for a quick post, but by the time I get a chance to share some, I have a whole bunch I want to put up....sorry!

Here are my two loves snoozing away together on the floor.
The day her tooth popped through, I took these next few pictures.  Looking at this shot, it is very difficult to see, but it is there on the right side of her front tooth.  Please excuse the food on her face...we had just finished feeding her carrots and I missed a few spots during clean-up.
Mommy and baby celebrating the tooth coming through.


Here is another shot of her enjoying her food, I think today it was peas.
She has moved up to her duck bathtub from her usual bath lounger.  She loves the quacks that the tub makes.
Wearing her Daddy's Phillies hat
Story time!  Pat is reading "The Hobbit" for the first time, and decided to share it with Kalea.
I figured it was time for another photo comparison.  Here is Kalea the day she was born with the red beanie the hospital provided.
And here she is wearing the same hat just a few days shy of 8 months old!  We did a cleaning up of her clothes that no longer fit, storing them away for the potential next baby.  It was time to "retire" this hat so I decided to put it on her and snap this shot before it was stored away.  My little baby isn't so little any more. 

 As sentimental as I get with every "retired" outfit; there is the positive side of bringing out her new outfits that now fit.  With this last cleaning, I found probably almost 20 new onesies she can now fit in.  Here is one of her "new" outfits as she sits on her "big girl" quilt that will be hers when she grows up. 

Hanging out with her stuffed animals while we clean up her room.
 And lastly, a couple of pictures from earlier today.  I was trying to get a good shot of her solo tooth, before another pops through.  It took awhile, and I did get this cute shot before a successful tooth one was taken.
 Here is the tooth!  Only 2 more days until she is 8 months old...I humbly request for time to please slow down.

3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!!! These are soooo great! What beautiful pictues. Kalea, you are getting so big so fast. I can't wait to see you this week! Love & Kisses, Mom Mom <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shes so beautiful! How sweet it is to come home to a smile from your child. When i come home zoey runs to the door and screams mama! The day she started that i melted :) They grow way to fast! Enjoy these last sweet weeks once 9 months hits she will be miss independent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shes so beautiful! How sweet it is to come home to a smile from your child. When i come home zoey runs to the door and screams mama! The day she started that i melted :) They grow way to fast! Enjoy these last sweet weeks once 9 months hits she will be miss independent.

    ReplyDelete