Thursday, August 16, 2012

A shower for my future sister-in-law

Since it is only about 10 days until my brother's wedding, I figured I should try and share some of the pre-wedding festivities that have taken place.  The bachelorette party was really fun, but you know how the saying goes...let's just say we had a blast in Vegas.

A few weeks ago the sisters and mothers through the bride-to-be a bridal shower.  It was really fun planning the event, we especially enjoyed the trial run of our cocktail idea found on pinterest.  Popsicles in champagne!  They were so good!
 We loved using all of my moms teapots as floral centerpieces.  The dresses are the favor filled with m&m's.  
 Here is the bride with her mother, grandmother, and nephew.
 Some more decorations.
 Delicious cupcakes.  Strawberry lime for one and raspberry champagne for the other.  They were so good!  By the way, my wonderfully creative mom made the cupcake stands herself.  I love her creativity.
 I know shower games are loved by some and hated by others, but I personally enjoy them.  I like new versions of games or doing something unique.  For this shower, we decided to have a memory game with a "Newlywed Survival Kit."  Some of the items were practical, others comical, and some related specifically to John & Kristin.  I will leave it to you to figure out which is which!
 The guests trying to remember what was on that tray.  It was pretty funny hearing what some people said during this part and while the tray was shown around the room.  I won't name names, but someone in the room said about KY, "oh, that is why I had no idea what it was."  It was pretty funny, yet uncomfortable at the same time.  

I love this picture because without even trying, I was able to get the Bride in the shot.  Try and figure out where she is if you can.
 More of the guests.  I love my Grandma...she is so cute!
 The bride and her friend, Erin.
 Jacque all smiles for the camera.
 There is a tradition on my moms side of the family for women in the family to make a cross-stitch square.  My Grandma then incorporates it into a beautiful quilt.  She decided to make John and Kristin a big one for their bed.  This is the best shot we could get at the time since it was so big.  The square I made is on the top right of the quilt.
 Here is the bridal party all together for the first time!  Can't wait for the big day!




No comments:

Post a Comment