Thursday, February 10, 2011

B-day and super bowl weekend

This year my birthday fell on the Saturday before the Super Bowl, which means next year it will be celebrated with the world as we all party for me, I mean for the Super Bowl!

I didn't have much planned, really just wanted to hang out with family and friends.  I enjoyed some quality time with my best friend as we enjoyed BJ's for lunch and a little shopping.  

Relaxed a little at home watching the Glee marathon (YAY!!).  

Then went out with family and friends to Citrus City Grille and enjoyed some good laughs.

The best part of the birthday is of course the cake.  Sara and I wanted to keep doing trials of cake pops so we worked that into the design.  Yes, I helped with my cake-just the pop part of it though.  My mom and sister did the rest!

I love fun-fetti cake so it was what we used for the cake pops this time around.  

We used a square fondant cutter to shape the balls into presents and also shaped them into balloons by hand.  Sticking with the fun-fetti color scheme we went with blue, green, and pink balloons and white presents with green and blue ribbon.







They were so tasty and I think it really made the cake look extra festive!




For the super bowl we made football pops, but this time without the sticks.

My dad has this great place mat for just such an occasion...





For our small party, we decided to do more than just the standard pool for money.  We made a list of all kinds of different events that could happen in a game, and then randomly assigned two events per person.  When the event occurred, that person would have to take a shot.  It worked out great for me (or horribly depending on how much you like to drink) since there was only 1 challenge made.  My other event was very rare and didn't happen.  

Pat was the big "winner" of the day as he had offensive passing TD's.  He was lucky enough to have to take 6 shots!!  My dad was 2nd with 3 or 4 shots.  My mom even had to take a shot!  


I love the last look of mom...it is either a look from take the tequilas  (yes, my mom is cool and shoots tequila =), or it is a look of why the hell are you taking these pictures.  I'm going with the effects of tequila.

Sara didn't get to take any (I think, or maybe she got one at the end of the game?)  Can't remember anymore.  With a good, close game and family fun; Super Bowl Sunday was lots of fun.  

Can't wait until next year!!!  Party at my house!!! =)

And just because...my cat Tigger has a huge brother "Charlie" which belongs to my sister.  He is funny with his resting choices...




You can go here to compare him to Tigger...they do look a lot alike.  My parents get real confused when they are both in the house together.  =)

3 comments:

  1. Your cake pops (both the presents and footballs) turned out great! You are so talented Amy! I am thrilled you had such a wonderful bday and superbowl. Yahoo!

    I love your superbowl game! We'll have to try that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, those cake pops look fabulous, and I love me some confetti cake! The Super Bowl party looked like so much fun, nothing like tequila shots! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww, what a great party! Bummed at this point we live so far away...:-(
    And yes, the cake pops are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete