Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Annoyed...

Let me start off by saying I still want to teach...

But, it is becoming increasingly difficult to see that happening, at least any time soon.

What I don't understand is how someone who has taught for FOUR years is not selected to interview as a SUBSTITUTE!  

I know times are tough, but if teachers aren't even given the chance to continue working in the field they love, then how are public schools expecting to turn things around?

This frustration stems from the first opportunity I have had to apply to a district since I moved here in August.  I'm not talking about a full time position in my own classroom; just the opportunity to sub every once in awhile.

This has got to turn around soon...

Or maybe I need to reconsider my career choice?  Hmmm

Any ideas?

3 comments:

  1. Oh Amy I'm so sorry!! That is absolutely terrible! I hope you find an opportunity that opens great doors for you soon. Hugs!

    ps: it was great seeing you Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elizabeth...I know it will happen sometime, I just get frustrated! It was great seeing you as well =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awful Amy. I can't believe what is happening to our school systems and all of the great teachers out of work. I hope something happens for you soon!!

    ReplyDelete