Saturday, December 21, 2013

Landon at 3 months

Landon is now 3 months old, which means I am getting close to the end of my maternity leave.  I am trying to spend as much time as I can relaxing with him and Kalea since I know life will get very busy once I get back to work.  

He is smiling really big smiles now, especially after he finishes eating.  I sometimes get smiles in the middle of a feeding, which I love because those are smiles that I usually only get to see.  He is definitely a momma's boy right now.  Pat's shoulder continues to be his prime spit-up spot of choice.  Without fail he gets him every time, especially if Pat just put on a clean shirt.

He is still a bit wobbly with holding up his head, but he gets better and better at doing it for longer periods of time.  He loves to watch his big sister play which I know is going to encourage him to move sooner then I will like.  Lights fascinate him, so all of our Christmas decorations are keeping him occupied during his play times.

Landon definitely lets us know when he is hungry.  He will cry hysterically almost instantly after waking up from a long nap.  He is our little snuggle bug, preferring a shoulder to sleep on over anything else.  He really loves to sleep in my ring-sling baby carrier, which is good since I will be able to use that with him once I am back at work.  

His weight has lagged a bit this last month.  He is now 10 pounds, 5 ounces.  This has dropped him closer to the 35% on the premie scale.  I have been working hard to get him exclusively breast feeding, and it has been a struggle.  This last month I have not supplemented at all (or just an ounce here or there).  I have been given the ok to keep going forward with it, so hopefully these next couple of weeks will be enough time for us both to figure it all out.  I don't want to share the details since I know most people won't want to read about it, but if you are interested, I would be happy to share what I have gone through.  I know that I feel better knowing how tough it is to breastfeed,  a lot of the times you only see or hear about people having success.

Here are some pictures I wanted to share:







1 comment:

  1. Awesome Amy! Bfing is no easy task, especially a preemie, but it is worth every single struggle. We are are almost 5months bfing and going strong, those first few months with pumping after every single feed while using a shield to get a preemie mouth wide enough were so rough on me. I hope your journey starts becoming much easier. Ours started around 3.5-4 months becoming much better. Keep going mama there is nothing you cant do!!!! ~ Jillian Collison <3

    ReplyDelete