Friday, November 23, 2012

11 months on Turkey Day!

Kalea's first Thanksgiving was also her 11 month birthday.  One more month to go until the big day (which means I don't have much time left to plan for her 1st Birthday party!)  We had a wonderful small Thanksgiving with my parents, siblings (all of us together) and my sister's mother-in-law.  Pretty tame for our usual family gathering.  

I haven't had a chance to weigh her and get her height, but I will get it when we go back home tomorrow.  

I have been taking all of her month pictures with the purple blanket my mom had made her, but I forgot to bring it up to her house so I had to use an alternative blanket, oh well!

She has grown up a lot this last month.  Especially over the last week or so, there have been so many new things she now does.  She is now officially crawling, though it is her own unique way.  She gets to where she wants to go, including climbing over our legs. 

She is eating pretty much everything we eat now, which is very helpful in keeping us eating healthier.  She is a pro at feeding herself, even with slippier foods.  

She has become very vocal  when she wants something, with lots of early morning chatter.  Yesterday morning she woke up the whole house and we think it was just because she wanted everyone else to be up with her.  

She just started waving the day before Thanksgiving, sometimes waving to herself.  I came home from work and she waved to me from down the hall.  She is still figuring it out so she has to be in the right mood to get a wave out of her.  She loves waving at the kitties in the morning.  

She LOVES looking at pictures and pointing to different things to hear what they are.  I have a few pictures below of her with her new favorite book.  She loves to look at our fridge and at pictures on the wall to look at familiar faces and hear their names.  

She has changed so much this past month, luckily a lot of our loved ones got to see her at Sara's wedding (post coming soon, I promise).

One last thing she is now able to do is to get into a seated position all on her own.  This of course means that we have now stopped using the bassinet attachment on her pack-n-play and will soon be moving her crib setting down.   Full on baby-proofing of the house is next (just in time for Christmas decorations!)

Now for some pictures, some from our Thanksgiving family time as well.




She loves turning the pages herself, and with the opposite hand.
Here she is pointing to the picture, wanting to know what it is.




A couple days before her 11 month photo shoot, I took some pictures for my Gma to use for her Christmas card.  Here are a couple of my favorites!


And now to the Thanksgiving pics.

Here is our first family photo with everyone married!  Both Grandkids/dogs as well.  
And here is our group shot with a timer on my camera.  It took us quite awhile to get it right, but it finally worked!
Our table this year
My dad was showing all of his sons how to carve up the turkey.
John loves to make faces.
Our first family thanksgiving as 3!
Kalea loved her turkey day feast!
Aunt Sara with a bundled up Kalea ready to snuggle.
The end of a wonderful family day and 11 month Birthday.  She was sweating so bad in this outfit, but she was so comfy on her Daddy.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment