Friday, September 7, 2012

My Baby Brother Got Married!

My brother recently got married in Las Vegas.   We had such a good time getting ready for all of the festivities, from the shower to the bachelorette party.  It was also a great time to catch up with some family we haven't seen in quite a long time.  

Here is the beautiful bride-to-be with her Dad during the rehearsal.
Practicing walking down the aisle, you know, because it is so difficult =)  
By brother and Kristin with Kalea
The day-of the wedding turned out to be the best weather we could possibly expect for Las Vegas.  Thank goodness too since the ceremony was outside.  It was a gorgeous day!

Here is my brother sporting the gift Kristin gave him on their wedding day.
Here is Kristin prepping for the wedding.  The wedding site had an absolutely gorgeous and huge bride prep room. We had 6 make-up/hair stations, 2 couches, a wrap-around mirror and tons of space to spread out.  
The mother of the bride trying to get Kalea to sleep while cousin Aydan gives her a hug.  
Aydan was the flower girl and Kalea the "honorary" flower girl.  It was so funny to watch Aydan do her flower girl "thing" down the aisle.  Her mom told her just before she went outside to "throw the petals on the ground."  So of course without much practice before-hand, she went a few steps outside, wen to the left a bit, and threw all of the petals just outside the door.  It was so funny.  

She also was quite a crack-up during the ceremony.  She apparently wasn't heard by the audience, but the entire bridal party could hear her.  She said loudly that she was hungry, decided she needed to leave the altar and go to her grandparents - walking on the train of the dress along the way, and proclaimed about the priest at the end of the ceremony that "he is a witch!"  It was so hard to not laugh out loud.  Pat and I caught each others eye when that happened and it made it even more difficult.


Sara doing my make-up with a view of all the stations going back.  My hair did not turn out how I wanted it to.  I was going for a partially messy side up do, and instead she made it look like I had Princess Leia buns on the side of my head.  Oh well.  It looked good from the front at least.
Kalea all ready for the wedding and trying to take a nap.  I love her pouffy dress!
Sara getting ready.  She is next to get married, only 9 weeks to go! 
Relaxing in the room before the "dressing" begins
Kristin with her mom, sister Ashley, and Ashley's son Josh.
Our cousin Jacque getting Aydan ready.
I went downstairs to check on my wonderful husband with Kalea all dressed up.  Here are the dads with their babies.  They are teh niece and nephew for the bride and groom.  Kalea was not happy at this time, she had not taken much of a nap that day.
Snuggling with her Daddy.  Sometimes that is all a girl needs.
Here is one my cousin took on her phone when we were almost ready to begin.
So I didn't take any pictures during the ceremony (obviously since I was in it) and not many during the reception.  I was having too much fun between my bridal party duties, dancing, and catching up with friends and family.  Kalea had a great time too.  She was eventually able to fall asleep during the reception.  She was out cold and partied out.
I don't even know where this picture came from , but at least I have a shot of my brother all dressed up with my new sister.  Love them!!!
When we were getting ready to leave, we finally had a chance to take a few shots with MomMom and PopPop since they were visiting from New Jersey.  Kalea was very alert and awake after her long nap during the reception.
Starting to get a little tired laying on PopPop
And finally a nice group shot of the three of them.  
Congratulations to my brother and sister-in-law!  We were so glad we were able to be a part of your special day!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely wedding! Had such a good time, so happy to have been included in the festivities! My heart soars every time I see a picture of our little darling granddaughter, Kalea.

    ReplyDelete