Sunday, July 1, 2012

Half a year

Kalea's 6 month Birthday came and went by so quickly, I haven't had a chance to look through my pictures until now.  She is changing every single day and it is difficult to keep up, but I am definitely trying.  This last month she has started eating solids, as I previously posted, sitting up with support (and then wobbling over to the side), laughing a lot more (big guttural laughs), "talking" up a storm, among other things.  I think as I write this post I will just add things she has been doing as I think of them.

Her 6 month stats:  
Weight: 15 pounds (25th%)
Height: 26.3" (75th %)
Head: 17" (75th %)

She has grown over 2 inches in two months and seems to get longer every day.  Her hair is really coming in quickly now and we still can't tell if she will be a blondie for a while or have brown hair.  

Kalea loves swimming so much, she spent well over an hour in the water yesterday.  She recently started enjoying being tossed in the air and grabbing our faces.  Anyone who wears glasses now needs to watch out or she will grab them off of your face.  

She loves sleeping on her side with her legs crossed and her arm crossed over her head.  She props her feet up against the side of her cradle when she is falling asleep and in the morning when she wakes up. One morning this last week she had her foot through the railing and she didn't mind at all.  She usually wakes up content and will just explore her fingers or talk to herself until she sees me peek at her or hears me moving around.  My favorite part of the morning is peeking over at her and saying good morning for the first big smile of the day. 

She has also had her first real photo session when we used a Groupon for a photography studio.  She is such a stinker as she doesn't like to smile for a camera and she loves to stick her arms out to the side.  The pictures turned out great regardless.

Our little love bug is the best part of our world and we can't wait to see what she does the second half of her first year.  Hopefully it will take a long time for it to happen but I know that won't be the case.  Our family has two weddings in the next 5 months so it will fly by.  I will do my best to keep things up-to-date on here.

Now on to what you really came here for.  Here are a few of my favorite pictures from her 6 month photo shoot.  













No comments:

Post a Comment