Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Father's Day in Napa

We took our first family trip back in June over Father's Day weekend.  Yes, we have been to New Jersey to visit family, and Vegas for a Birthday weekend; but we have decided to count this as our first family trip.  We were very lucky to have both of our parents and my sister along on the trip as well.

The Saturday of Father's Day weekend we had quite a few wineries on the schedule in Sonoma Valley.  We first stopped in the town square and picked up some delicious cheese and meat to go with our sourdough bread and Temecula olive oil we had already picked up.   This day was the hottest of the entire trip, so it was nice when we were able to have our picnic lunch under some beautiful trees at Ledson winery (beautiful winery!!!).

Here is Daddy and Kalea relaxing in the shade before we eat.
So cute in her shades.
The last winery of the day was pretty far North and just happened to be Francis Ford Coppola's.  It was pretty neat to see all of his Oscars!
The best part of the weekend was celebrating my hubby's first Father's Day and also being able to spend it with both of our Dad's.  Pat really is the best Dad to our beautiful little girl.  I knew he would be a great dad, which is part of why I fell in love with him;  but seeing him with her he is better then I could have ever dreamed.  Kalea is definitely a daddy's girl, and I love watching them together every moment I can.

Here is Pat with one of his gifts from Kalea and I.  The top picture is from a Phillies game and the bottom one is Pat and Kalea the day after she was born.
Here is Pat's other gift.  I put together a shadow box which included pictures from Kalea's first baseball game ever, the scorecard Pat kept, a ticket from the game, and a certificate from the stadium for her first game.
Here are my two loves...
A smile caught on camera!  
After presents and breakfast, we went to a few wineries before dinner.  Kalea is wearing an adorable petal dress my mom made for her.
Cheers!  Here is our group, with Dale (Pat's Dad) behind the camera.
Mom Mom holding Kalea in her "Napa outfit" at dinner.  We ate at Mustards in Napa Valley...so good!
Kalea and Daddy.  This is how her hair looks after wearing her headband.  Cute rosy cheeks!  Happy first Father's Day to my wonderful husband, my Baby's Daddy!!!

1 comment:

  1. So nice! This was a WONDERFUL vacation; so Blessed to have been able to spend the time together. You are both GREAT parents to our precious, sweet, Kalea! We love you all so much!

    ReplyDelete