Sunday, March 4, 2012

First trip to Vegas

Last weekend we finally had a chance to drive up to Vegas to visit my brother and his fiance in their new house.  It also happened to work out that Pat's parents were going to be in town for a few days as well.  They were so excited to get in some more time with their Granddaughter.

Since my brother and his fiance were both working anyway, we decided to join Mom mom and Pop pop  in a trip to visit the Hoover Dam.  I don't remember ever going when I was younger and Pat has never been.  We decided to take the Dam tour (hehe), but we could only take the shorter one since we had Kalea with us.  Here we are waiting in line with Kalea snug in the Baby Bjorn.


Thank goodness for Mom mom, I forgot my camera at my brother's house.

It was a beautiful day!

Mom mom loved snuggling with her and multi-tasking as she fed her while we toured through the museum.

Kalea is right on the state line and in two time zones at once.  In her 2nd and 3rd state and only 2 months old.

This is a beautiful shot of the new "Pat Tillman" bridge.

A candid shot taken by my mother-in-law.

We stayed at my brother's house and he was kind enough to invite Pat's parents over for dinner.   Here is Mom mom getting some loving in.

Uncle John and Aunt Kristin watching Kalea play.

I love this shot of them...

After Vegas, we decided to drive to my Aunt's house in Ridgecrest to visit my cousins.  Jere was in town on leave before he is deployed later this month so I really wanted to see him.  It was nice seeing him again and meeting his girlfriend.  We also enjoyed watching all of the Great Grandchildren.    Can't wait until we can have all of Gma's Great Grandchildren together...we just need Hunter from Texas.  Here is Kalea with Owen who is 5 months older then her.  He is a big boy and so cute!

My cousin Colleen and her boyfriend, Tyler, did a great job managing all 3 of the babies.  Aydan is 2 1/2, Owen is 7 months, Kalea 2 months.

It was such a great trip, but it wasn't over yet.  We then went to my parents house where we had two birthdays to celebrate.  My friend Jen was celebrating her 7th Leap Birthday with a surprise party and my sister was having her Birthday dinner that same night.  So fun, but lots of driving over 5 days.  We were exhausted once we finally got home, but it was well worth it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment