Thursday, November 24, 2011

Baby Shower #2

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  I am taking this wonderful day of family, thanks (and time off) to finally update after a few weeks of nothing.

Everything is going well in baby-land.  I am 33 weeks...less than 7 to go!  We have taken a baby care basics class and just did a tour of our hospital.  It really made it real seeing a labor & delivery room!  We still have a few more classes to take and now have check-ups every two weeks!  

Last Saturday I was lucky enough to have a baby shower thrown for me by my mom and sister.  It worked out perfectly as my cousin Kyle and his new wife Jen were married the night before.  The shower was scheduled for the next day so that family that had to drive a long way would only have to make one trip.  Another bonus was having my mother-in-law in town for the shower.  I loved having her here to experience with my family as her first grandchild is getting ready to come into the world.  

Thanks to Katie and Aunt Teri for taking these photos!

The two-Terry's/Teri's in our family...
 My Great Aunt getting some love from her youngest Great-Grandson Talin.  She has 6 Great-Grandsons!  Little Kalea will be the first girl great-grandchild on my Dad's side of the family.  
 My mom and Great-Aunt Sheila 
 My mom and sis did a great job of decorating!
 Drinks and desserts...
 My sister, cousin Katie and Natalie.  We grew up together and are pretty close in age.  So happy that Natalie was able to make it from Massachusetts.
 The two Grandmothers to be.
 3 generations...about to be 4!  Hmmm...I wonder if this means kalea is going to be super tall!
 My Grandmother Sylvia's wonderful sisters Sheila and Suzie.  So glad they could both be there representing for my Grandma.
 The oldest Great-Grandson, Hayden, with the youngest.
 Thanks to all for the wonderful gifts!  My mom made this adorable tu-tu for Kalea that will be perfect for her!  I love it!
I am so thankful to have so many people to support me and share in this wonderful time in our lives.  I can't wait to meet her!

1 comment:

  1. Awe, everything looked so pretty! Your Mom and sis did a beautiful job on your shower! I can only imagine how excited everyone must be to welcome your baby into the world. Love the tutu, it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete